Monday, April 13, 2009

post holiday paralysis and stop motion animation

Instead on writing about my connection to lent, I have been talking with a lot of people about it and have been way to busy to write something meaningful. Now I have this strange kind of after-the-holiday-paralysis, where I should be working on putting the house back in order, finish taxes and take care of things before this week crazy schedule takes off. Last week was nuts in regards to J's singing schedule and having 2 parties to prepare and this week will be equally nuts with me having to lug my cameras and tripods to school for 4 events, one being a real scripted little film I got myself involved in.

So how does this paralysis look like? I spend the better part of the morning hanging out with my visiting MIL talking about this and that and by the time she has to leave, it is past noon. Noon is my cut-off time, if I have not gotten anything accomplished by then, forget it, it ain't gonna happen. I blame this on the protestant work ethic that was hammered into me as a child. Also hammered into me was not to do anything on Sunday and I worked hard yesterday like any mom and hostess on a holiday - so I just consider this my day off, well half of it anyway.

Last night somebody posted a Playmobil stop motion animation on the Playmobil board. Even though the production was not that captivating, it got me interested in what equipment I would need to do this with the kids and so I got into researching it and finding all these cool little videos and since I have a Firewire DV camcorder, I might be all set outside of the software, which is quite cheap. We have so much Playmobil and the kids are very creative, I bet they would love a weekend project like that and I can teach thema bit about project planning, story boarding, camera angles, how film works etc... Maybe we can even work with blue screen (which is usually green nowadays).



This is somebody's first attempt and I think the motion is very well made.



So hopefully sometimes this year the G-Girls can make a fun little stop motion animation video using our plethora of Playmobil supplies. We just need to come up with a fun little story, I am convinced though that it will be something fantasy like.

1 comment:

802 Rescue said...

That is terrifically cool! I'm looking forward to seeing what you turn out.