Sunday, September 7, 2008

The magic of music! My iMixes on iTunes :)

Music is amazing. The multitude of musical expression is unfathomable and does not seize to amaze me. I think music speaks to something so deep within us that words can not adequately describe it. Sometimes when I think I just cannot go on with life, I think to myself that I could just give up everything in life and just listen to music until I die and that would be a good life. In my view, music is the highest achievement of human kind. It transcends nations and borders and even time, it influences our emotions and it can fulfill and heal our soul. I cannot imagine a life without music.

The way we listen to music has changed a lot and I freely admit to loving my iPod. I listen to a broad range of music, may it be medieval, baroque or classical; rock, pop, jazz or new age, world or meditation or whatever else. The iPod allows me to always have the appropriate soundtrack of my life right at my fingertips. Since its first release, iTunes has captured me, there is so much music to discover and re-discover. It is just like following book after book on Amazon, one can get lost and the wish list can get longer.

I have made music compilations since I was 15 and had/have quite a reputation for mixing. I would spend a lot of time analyzing the order and trying out different sequences. So when iTunes came out I was in playlist heaven. Any birthday party gets its own mix, as do some trips or Girl Scout meetings. Why it took me so long to actually publish some of my iMixes, I don't know, but here are my first few published ones (with more to follow):

Relax and let your mind take flight - for Ben
Fantastique! Contemporary french music
Timeless classics for kids and adults :)
Yes! There is great music for children!
Music for kids that adults love too :)
L O V E - L O V E - L O V E!
Movie Magic Music

Check them out next time you are on iTunes and give me your rating ;)

No comments: