Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bowling, the three sentence limit and no kumquats!

For a while there I was doing pretty good with posting on this blog, even though I have to admit that the whole compass thing is not really enough of a focus.

I have learned a few things in the past days. For one thing it is very funny to have a phone conversation while having the hick-ups. Also, two Valium work better than one. Whenever children see therapists, they turn into very mature, reasonable and responsible little citizens making their mother looks like idiots. This country is obsessed with superficial values. Health insurances make medical decisions. If you feel rotten and are in pain, a lot of people offer their help and that feels really great. I wish I had magical powers.

Okay these were all random insights into my the momentary lapse of normalcy in my life. I am banned to the red chair, a zero gravity recliner, that used to be my best friend and now I loathe it as it's use means I feel lousy. So here is the story: My little one has Asperger Syndrome and even though she is amazing and wonderful and extremely bright, she lacks in the friendship department. She has 2 friends and I need to make sure to foster interaction. So when we invite a friend, I try really hard to make it very special and fun. It really is a bit like bribery. So I went bowling with her and her friend and as my mom says, that was STUPID! Apparently it should have been clear to me, that 3 herniated disks and bowling do not mix.


The result has been a heavily medicated, miserable me, sitting in my red chair for almost 2 weeks now. At one point I was in so much pain after a chiropractors visit, that driving the van into the next tree seemed like a pretty good idea, but I got myself home with LaMaze breathing (at least the class was good for something). So when you have nothing to do outside of trying to stay in control as CEO of family by being stationary secretary, it seems like a good idea in theory. Silly me, I thought I could blog away, write a bit on my novel, learn Adobe Dreamweaver, watch wonderful chick flicks, read a couple of books, play carcarsonne with S, mend a mountain of hurt clothing etc... you get the drift. And then I find that the cocktail of meds I am taking, kind of turns my brain to a mushy cloud. And a mushy cloud gives me a three sentence limit, which works wonders on Facebook, but not on Blogger.

I had planned to write this entry with three sentences to prove my point and for some reason made a rather long entry. I am contracting myself, this is confusing. I really wanted to post something about Kumquats anyway, but the computer kept crashing when I wanted to edit the photo for that post. Sometimes I don't get myself, is there somebody out there whi gets me?

Just blame it on the Valium :)

No comments: