Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yummy, healthy stir-fry

It seems that in my kitchen often yummy food is created on days that I am not really in 'cooking-mode', strange, maybe it is due to going with the flow and not analyzing anything or wanting to achieve something particular. So tonight I made up a very flavorful and healthy stir-fry.

I started with a seven grain + sesame pilaf (Kashi), because it takes a while - rice would work equally well. While that was going, I shredded one very big carrot, cut Baby Bella Mushrooms into chunks, chopped some chives and cleaned the undelicious ends of sugar snap peas (1 package). I also took 2 firm, but ripe bananas, halfed and sliced them. When the grains were almost done, I seared 1/2 # of small shrimps in toasted sesame oil. I added the above veggies plus a bag of sprouts and cooked it for just about a minute while stirring. I added about 2 handfuls of shredded, unsweetened coconut and about 3 Tbsp of Tahini and stirred it all before adding the chives and bananas. At last I added the Kashi and gave it one more stir. The idea is that the veggies are just about hot and not very cooked.

No comments: