Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A quote on Wednesday


The groundwork for all happiness is good health.


- Leigh Hunt

I don't know enough about Leigh Hunt - well actually I know almost nothing about him - to say whether this was born out of a day like I am having today, when life is just so hard and happiness quite unattainable due to lack of health. I have health issues that have been mounting since years and the more I tackle them, the worse it seems to get on the long run. I had planned to write about something specific today, but was in too much pain to actually sit down and think and try to work through that uncomfortable distraction. In the afternoon I finally gave up and surrendered to the powers of Vicodin and Valium, which slowly eased the pain into the background, just to replace it with such woozy dizziness that made my senses over react and my heart race.

So a no go on the writing front as on the happiness front...

It bothers me though to just call it a day now, I almost feel as if I will curse my blogging efforts if I don't write today and that it will turn into days, weeks and month again. It appears that every night, in the last hour of the day, when everybody is deep asleep, even the cats, and it is so quiet that I can hear the kitchen clock ticking in the other room, I get this overwhelming urge to add to my blog, after all this day only comes but once.
Maybe it is just this inbred need fueled by a lingering protestant work ethic? There is a nice sense of accomplishment in clicking on the 'publish post' button and even though it does not take any pain away, at least it gives a small, tiny moment of happiness.

Well, I have a huge collection of quotes and I can always dive into that treasure, pull something out and reflect on it. Or not, like tonight.

P.S. He looks quite lovely I think, reminds me of a young James Stewart.

No comments: