Friday, August 20, 2010

One thing...

... leads to another. So Spargeltarzan (meaning asparagus like tarzan = my spouse), Noergeltante (= one who whines) and Maulgesicht (= pouty face) have left for real wilderness hiking in the Berkshires and I thought I could be very, very busy and get a lot of projects done around the house. Went to the orange big box home improvement store that I loathe, but that is around the corner and varnished the bathroom vanity table, which I built from Mahogany 5 years ago. Made me notice the lights and that I have not yet finished the lights in HALF A DECADE - omg - maybe tomorrow - ... so off to the next project: shorten the barstools in the kitchen. Boy, that looks complicated, leave if for tomorrow. So I decide to do just one simple thing before sitting down by myself with a glass of wine and a chick flick.

After living for 42 years without a microwave, I can do pretty much without it. Therefore this huge appliance is annoying my sense of space in the kitchen and has to leave said space. Since a fore mentioned family members might want to use it every now and then, I thought we could put it in the laundry room, which is about the same distance to the stove in the kitchen. Off I go, get some supports for shelves - take down the mirror and what do I see? The people who started this pile of crooked wood that we call house, cut out the wall paper behind the mirror. Why? Well I have no idea why! But it kind of makes it clear that this 1971 wall paper needs to go and actually, the sink too. But if I do that, then the floor needs changing and........ I just wanted to move the microwave out of the kitchen, not do a full laundry room remodel.

So I just left the microwave where it is, closed the door to the laundry room and settled down for a nice chick flick, until the DVD player decided to be picky again and chose a different movie. I watched Premonition and thought it was quite good, surprisingly anyway and such a non Hollywood ending, maybe because the director is European? And just as a side note, if one is not hungry for dinner and then has a glass of Riesling - boy, that one glass felt like inhaling a full bottle - Good Night!

2 comments:

jtw73 said...

Oh boy.... sounds like me when I want to start some things and it turns out, that a lot more is to do after I would start. So I let it be as it is....

majesticmoose said...

Everything turns out like that, doesn't it? There is no easy way for people like us, that is for sure!