Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mischief is my middle name

A friend of mine put me up to take the 'What Kind of Flower Are You? Quiz' at This Garden is Illegal and it showed that I am a Snapdragon (Antirrhinum majus). I am relieved, since they are quite so lovely. Here is what that says about me: "Mischief is your middle name, but your first is friend. You are quite the prankster that loves to make other people laugh."

I think that is very interesting, because it is true, if anything characterizes me, it is how many friends I have and how much I make them laugh with my odd stories. What this has to do with Snapdragons, I do not know and there is not as much mischief left in me as was once. What I do know is that they are very hardy and can withstand a heavy frost, even thought they came from the Old World - the Mediterranean to be specific. Well I am hardy too and I deal with winter pretty well.

I am just really happy that I am not a Canada Thistle: "You are a mean spirited, ornery cuss. People try to get rid of you and you just keep coming back." You should see the 9 foot tall thistle out there in my yard, it is impressive and ugly.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Snapdragons are one of my favorite flowers. What a lovely illustration you found of such a nice flower. It suits you!